Skip to main content

Featured Post

Suicide Squad 2 - Movie Review

Streaming: HBOMAX Suicide Squad 1 was one of the finest DC movies(Minus Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy) to come out from their camp. Do not go by the reviews. It was so well received that Harley Quinn had her own movie. Now cut to Suicide Squad 2 with the famous James Gunn from Marvel camp at the helm, it barely meets the expectations.  Marvel made it seem so easy to write a super hero movie in super entertaining fashion with movies like Winter Soldier, Thor Ragnorak, Guardians of the Galaxy etc. But DC thought all they needed was the guy who directed Guardians to sell Suicide Squad. Oh my oh my how they were wrong. In one phrase, Suicide Squad is a gross mess that shines few times and far in between. Suicide Squad is no Guardians, not even close. The screenplay is messy. The visuals are gross but it aint Kill Bill. Kill Bill romanticizes with violence but Suicide Squad tries to romanticize with gross elements. To say the least, it doesn't work in favor of the movie. Idris Elba is

Life is beautiful - Review

Life is beautiful గురించి నేను English లొ కంటే తెలుగు లొనే బాగా చెప్పొచ్చు . ఒక్క మాట లొ చెప్పాలి అంటె  "అమ్మ గుర్తొచ్చింది" .
Translation: It's more effective if I say about Life is beautiful in Telugu than English. In one sentence, it reminds you of your mom.


I am so overwhelmed by the movie that when I sit now to write about it, I am short of words. This only happened to me before when any movie touched me deeply and moved me. This movie reminds you of your roots, middle class lives, middle class attachments, annoying money minded relatives, caring friends, love stories and with more emphasis on the important person of everyone's life, mother.

Sorry for revealing main key points but they won't spoil your experience but only make you cry more. Thanks to so many reviews I read, I knew Amala had cancer. So I started crying in first scene itself when she sees her kids off to their uncle's place. What follows after that is yes, a rehash of Happy days in a colony which is thoroughly enjoyable if you enjoyed Happy days. First half is not fresh but smooth like a breeze. I still don't understand how a movie director can pull you into his "beautiful" world so effectively using such simple things. I was living in Sunshine valley until the end except the interval block :)

Second half starts off well, goes on smooth and then the key scenes of Amala start. I would write down the dialogues that moved me. "Chooodara, adhi naa chellelu raa, enni maatalu anindhi choodu", Amala to her daughter: "Medicine seat vasthundhaa", Nagaraj to Amala: "Amma meeru biryani chesi pettali" and dialogues of Chinni in school. Sekhar sir, I bow before you for the scene where Abhi talks to his mom after meeting Amala in hospital. "Alaa kaadhu maa, "Neeku" emi kaavali amma"...God I am crying again. Yes I am not shying away from saying that I uncontrollably cried in this movie.

Coming to songs, "emundho ee ammayillo" is the most beautiful song ever on girls. It is cute, sweet, sensuous and very romantic. Hats off to composition, lyrics, actors and direction.  "Amma" song flows along the narrative while you are busy crying. All the actors did a beautiful job. Srinu was sweet, Nagaraju was mass and Abhi was timepass. All the heroines were drop dead gorgeous and hot where needed. Credit should go to the taste of Sekhar.

Mom is the most important person in everyone's life and the thought of losing her is very painful. If she is the single parent, I cannot even explain. I can only experience it through some of my closest ones.

My deepest and humble RESPECT to Sekhar Kammula. Go watch it and if you do not like it, please don't tell me. It hurts me to the core.


Comments

Popular Posts