Skip to main content

Featured Post

Suicide Squad 2 - Movie Review

Streaming: HBOMAX Suicide Squad 1 was one of the finest DC movies(Minus Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy) to come out from their camp. Do not go by the reviews. It was so well received that Harley Quinn had her own movie. Now cut to Suicide Squad 2 with the famous James Gunn from Marvel camp at the helm, it barely meets the expectations.  Marvel made it seem so easy to write a super hero movie in super entertaining fashion with movies like Winter Soldier, Thor Ragnorak, Guardians of the Galaxy etc. But DC thought all they needed was the guy who directed Guardians to sell Suicide Squad. Oh my oh my how they were wrong. In one phrase, Suicide Squad is a gross mess that shines few times and far in between. Suicide Squad is no Guardians, not even close. The screenplay is messy. The visuals are gross but it aint Kill Bill. Kill Bill romanticizes with violence but Suicide Squad tries to romanticize with gross elements. To say the least, it doesn't work in favor of the movie. Idris Elba is

Bheeshma - Review

Critic in me: How is it that a guy down in luck gets a girl because of one line he said to someone and get super offer because of one fight right after the movie starts?
Audience in me: Did it entertain you or not?

Critic in me: Why is Rashmika's role so quick to love, so quick to breakup and so quick to patch up?
Audience in me: Did it entertain you or not?

Critic in me: It sounds so silly of a reason for Sampath to hate a family for such a trivial reason and then later in second half he acts even sillier sacrificing all his character's dignity.
Audience in me: Did it entertain you or not?

Critic in me: If Rashmika is such a capable employee why shouldn't she take over the company than a lesser qualified Nitin?
Audience in me: Did it entertain you or not?

Critic in me:There is no message or nothing novel in this.
Audience in me: Did it entertain you or not?
Critic in me: Stop irritating me, yes it did entertain me. But do you think this is a classic movie?
Audience in me: I never said so.

Quite often when a commercial entertainer comes across we all go through this dilemma. My opinion, if you ask, is that if it entertains you without being cliched and makes you leave your life out of our brain for the runtime of the movie, then that is a good movie. And Bheeshma is exactly that, a simple entertainer that keeps you glued until it is done.

Nitin, may be for the first time in his career, looked totally in control of the role. Unllike A Aa where he did nothing in the name of subtle acting, here he does everything and looks in control. Even his dance and styling are bet in this movie. Rashmika is a powerhouse of talent. But she is not in this movie for that. Her role is to look cute and she does that exceptionally well. Venky Kudumula has done much better with comedy in Chalo and he should not let that meter go down. That is his usp among other directors.


Comments

Popular Posts