Skip to main content

Featured Post

Suicide Squad 2 - Movie Review

Streaming: HBOMAX Suicide Squad 1 was one of the finest DC movies(Minus Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy) to come out from their camp. Do not go by the reviews. It was so well received that Harley Quinn had her own movie. Now cut to Suicide Squad 2 with the famous James Gunn from Marvel camp at the helm, it barely meets the expectations.  Marvel made it seem so easy to write a super hero movie in super entertaining fashion with movies like Winter Soldier, Thor Ragnorak, Guardians of the Galaxy etc. But DC thought all they needed was the guy who directed Guardians to sell Suicide Squad. Oh my oh my how they were wrong. In one phrase, Suicide Squad is a gross mess that shines few times and far in between. Suicide Squad is no Guardians, not even close. The screenplay is messy. The visuals are gross but it aint Kill Bill. Kill Bill romanticizes with violence but Suicide Squad tries to romanticize with gross elements. To say the least, it doesn't work in favor of the movie. Idris Elba is

IT movie - Review

IT is probably one of the most anticipated movies of 2017, if not the most anticipated. The trailer raised expectations and when the movie released, everyone was raving about it. So I finally watched it over the weekend. If I have to sum up my review in word, then I would say, lo and behold, OVERRATED.

I am not trying to be different from the rest but I would like to call an Ace an Ace and a damp squib a damp squib. IT is definitely not an Ace. The movie's beginning scene, the boat scene shown in the trailer, is the only good scene in the movie.

IT suffers badly from too much drama around the kids. Not that I am against it. I loved it in Stranger Things or the iconic ET or even Super 8 but here it is plain superficial and been-there-seen-that kind of garden variety drama. The horror parts gets repetitive, so repetitive that you feel bad for Bill Skarsgard who acted very good as Pennywise.

As a horror movie lover I had high hopes on this and it came no where close. I would any day watch Get Out or Lights Out or Conjuring or even Annabelle over this.

Watch it if you have to but be warned that the reviews have overrated this movie and most importantly, it is not at all scary.

Comments

Popular Posts